Welcome to WeRebase!
All definitions in our Terms of Service apply here as well.
From the very beginning, our goal has been to design privacy into our platform in a way that respects the rights of Users, and the needs of employers. We understand that User’s data privacy is a hot topic these days so we want to make clear the very basic privacy principles that guide our policies and practices:
Users are in complete control of what data they make public
We give Users control over whether they want to make their profile public to employers and what information they share on it. No student data uploaded to WeRebase is ever viewable by any employer until a student has chosen to make their profile public.
WeRebase will neither sell nor share personal User’s data
We have never done it and we never will! Our business model is based on offering valuable tools for our users and employer users that enhance the career discovery process. Your email address and personal data will never be sold or shared to any third party.
All our data is hosted on servers based in France.
By using our Services, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information we collect
We collect personal and non-personal data from you when you use our Services. Personal Data is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, phone number, picture, video, voice, IP address or device identifier, or is data that could reasonably be linked back to you. It also may include demographic information, geolocation information, educational information, or commercial information as described below.
You need to have an account to use WeRebase. You can create an account on WeRebase as a student seeking a job or career advice or as an employer looking for exciting new talent or professor.
We receive personal data about you when you create a User Account, update your profile, respond to questions or surveys on our website or otherwise use our Site and from other third party data sources.
From you, your account and your profile
From employer reviews
We receive any personal information you choose to include in submitted employer reviews. WeRebase collects this information even if the review is not published or made public.
From communications, transcripts or recordings
We receive and store personal information when you choose to participate in a video or audio meeting or call or webinar initiated through the WeRebase Service or when you choose to communicate with other users by way of video, audio, or messaging during any WeRebase video or audio conference or call (collectively, “WeRebase Communications”). By participating in WeRebase Communications, you are giving WeRebase consent to store the content and recordings of any WeRebase Communications. For audio or video recordings, you will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled, and you should leave the meeting or webinar if you do not consent to being recorded. If we use a third party video and/or communications service provider to facilitate WeRebase Communications, that service provider may not use your personal information or the content of the communications for any purpose other than to provide the service to us.
Usage and log data
When you visit the Site, we may log and store your IP Address and technical information about your visit like your browser type and how you progressed through the Site, where you abandoned it, etc. (“Usage Data”). We can use your IP address to determine your general location.
When you use the WeRebase mobile app, we collect analytic information about your device, such as IP address, OS version, and clickstream.
Precise location data
For a limited set of features, we allow users to opt-in to our collection of precise location data (GPS data). We only use this information to enable these features, such as displaying your precise location on a map at a career fair. We do not share precise location data with third parties, and we do not combine precise location data with personal information for advertising purposes.
When Employers create a WeRebase Employer Account, we request contact information, including email address and telephone number, to provide a point of contact for the candidate and which will be made available on appropriate occasions (e.g., when an interview is scheduled). We will not use your phone number to send any commercial or marketing messages not related to your use of WeRebase Services to you without your express consent.
How we use your personal data (Candidate)
We use, process and store your Personal Data to provide the WeRebase Services and to maximize opportunities to connect you with potential employers. This includes:
- Providing services such as allowing you to make appointments with career center professionals or sign up for career fairs and other events.
- Delivering job opportunities and communications from potential employers by email in accordance with your account settings and communication preferences.
- Allowing you to contact employers and employers to contact you through the WeRebase Service, including by way of messaging, audio and video conferencing, and webinars.
- Allowing you to post reviews and other content on employers and employment experiences.
- Personalizing the Service. For example, we may suggest employers to you based on the information in your resume or the demographic information you provide or suggest students with public profiles to employers based on search criteria.
- Contacting you about additional WeRebase or Partner services you might be interested in, should choose to opt-in (see “How to Opt-In/Out of Email Communications”).
- Researching new ways to improve the WeRebase Services.
When we may share your personal data
We will only share your personal data under the following circumstances:
- With your consent. For example, you may choose to make your profile public so that we can share it with employers through the Services or choose to apply to a job and we will share your profile information, resume and transcript with the employers you choose. Employers are required to only use WeRebase data to provide employment services and to safeguard any personal data they receive. You may also choose to make your profile public to specific audiences to help grow your professional brand and network. When posting an employer review or other related content, you may choose to publish your name and profile alongside the content publicly.
- With your consent, with vendors that are contractually engaged to provide us with services, such as cloud service providers, WeRebase Communication related telecommunications services, and other services for maintaining our systems, order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
- With relevant law enforcement bodies if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service, to protect the security or integrity of the WeRebase Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WeRebase, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
When we use and share non-personal data
Non-personal data is data that itself cannot reasonably be linked back to you or data that is combined with other data in a way that cannot reasonably be linked back to you. We use and share your non-personal, de-identified or aggregated data in a variety of ways to help our Partners and the public understand trends in the job seeking market through analytics reports, statistics and other metrics and guides. For example, to understand:
- What percentage of students from certain colleges work in a specific geographic area.
- Whether a certain major or extra-curricular activity fits well with a particular employer’s hiring patterns.
- How employers compare to each other in the number of applicants they receive from different colleges.
We may place a small piece of software referred to as a “session cookie” on your computer. If you use the Services and create an account, we may also use this cookie to recognize you on return visits and expedite the login process. You can remove this and other cookies through your browser preferences menu, though the exact method varies depending on the type of browser you use – but note that you may not be able to log into our service if your cookies are disabled. If you visit from a mobile device, we may reference your device identifier or other information about where your visit originated.
Our email communications may contain web beacons or similar technology which track when the email has been opened or read. This functionality sends the resulting records back to our Service, which may be associated with other information you have provided us.
How to opt-in/out of email communications
We only send marketing communications with your prior consent. To stop receiving notifications or promotions, please click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email or update your account preferences.
Storage, security and how to remove your information
We use industry standard technical, administrative and physical controls to protect your data including encrypting it at rest and as it is transferred from you to WeRebase. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breach will never occur. In the event of a breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify affected individuals in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
"Do Not Track" signals
We are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
You can choose to deactivate your account so that you are no longer viewable on the Service or you can make your account private. You may also request WeRebase delete information about you. You can request deactivation or deletion by sending a message to email@example.com.
Third Party Links
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our Employer and Education Partners or other WeRebase Partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We also cannot be responsible for your personal data that you submit to employers using the Services. Please check their individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Minors under 18 are not permitted to use our Site as bound by our Terms of Service and this Policy. We do not intentionally collect information from minors under 18. If you believe we have collected any personal information from a child younger than 18 years of age, please notify us immediately and we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems.
WeRebase provides its services to Employers, through the use of a third party payment processor. WeRebase does not collect or use any of that payment information. If an employer has any conflicts regarding the method of payment acceptance, they should contact us. WeRebase claims no responsibility or liability for payment transactions.
General information of User
What rights do I have?
Individuals have certain rights in respect of your personal information and WeRebase will provide these capabilities to all our worldwide users, including:
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right to correct or rectify any inaccurate personal data;
- The right to restrict or oppose processing of personal data;
- The right to erase your personal data;
- The right to personal data portability; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority.
As a WeRebase User:
- We rely on your consent as a lawful basis for processing personal data to provide you with marketing or promotional communications.
- We process personal data in order to provide you with services or to perform our contract with you as described in this document, including:
- To enable the Service to function as expected; and
- To communicate with you in response to customer service inquiries and to deliver non-promotional, service-related emails.
- Additionally, we process personal data based on our “legitimate interests” in providing you the Service as described in this document including:
- To provide you with job opportunities from employers; and
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
In some cases, WeRebase may process personal information pursuant to a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
How may I exercise my individual rights?
WeRebase Users may exercise their rights regarding their personal information as follows:
- You can access your personal data through your account settings in the WeRebase platform or by contacting us to request a personal data report at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within WeRebase email updates and changing your contact preferences. Please note, you will continue to receive essential account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
- You can request deletion of your data as described in the section “Account deletion/deactivation”
Users may contact us at email@example.com with questions or requests regarding their personal information. Please note that WeRebase may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any personal or account information.
Contact us and accessing your information
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you wish to remove any of your personal information from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org